Key services that we provide to public and private sector clients include:
- Leading teams to develop proposals for funding from government agencies and other funding sources including philanthropic organisations.
- Organisational reviews and change management processes, including development of key performance indicators and benchmarking for research centres or institutes.
- Development of strategic plans, business plans, operational plans and budgets for new businesses, research centres or major collaborative R&D programs.
- The development of investment memoranda for the raising of private equity.
- Facilitating planning workshops and liaising with internal and external stakeholders and partners to develop short or long term research and business collaborations.
- Public policy research and analysis and evaluation of government innovation programs.
- Industry profiling and economic analyses.
We have worked across a wide variety of research domains including nanotechnology, bioengineering, veterinary science, chemical engineering, information technology, supercomputing, marine science, minerals research, chemistry, biosecurity, drug development, clinical research, psychology, aviation, the visual and performing arts.
Major research funding submissions
VenturePro assists university and research institutes with the preparation of research funding submissions to programs or organisations including, but not limited to:
- The Australian Research Council - Linkage, Special Research Initiatives and Centres of Excellence Programs
- The National Health and Medical Research Council
- The Education Endowment Fund
- The Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) Program
- National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS)
- Defence Future Capability Technology Centre (DFCTC)
- Smart State Innovation Building Fund (SSIBF)
- Smart Futures Fund National and International Research Alliances Program (NIRAP), Research-Industry Partnership Program (RIPP)and Proof of Concept (POC) Fund
- One Off Research Infrastructure Grants e.g. DITR Mammalian Cell Production Facility.
Business planning and strategy
- Preparation of business plans or information memoranda to aid companies and university spin-outs in accessing private equity finance
- Planning for the establishment of research initiatives or new research centres
- Assistance in preparing for internal or external review of research programs or centres
- Development of research commercialisation plans
- Business planning and strategy development
- Facilitation and planning of collaborative projects and research partnerships between industry and research institutions.
Public policy research and analysis
VenturePro has assisted government departments with:
- Program evaluations - we were awarded the tender to undertake an economic impact assessment of the teQstart program in December 2006 and completed the project in January 2007
- Scoping studies and capability assessments - we were awarded the tender to assess the biotechnology capabilities on the Gold Coast and completed this project in September 2007
- Industry and demand analyses - we developed an Economic Profile of the Queensland Pharmaceutical Industry in 2006; we conducted a demand analysis for technology incubation services in 2007
- Statistical data collection and analysis - we were awarded the tender to undertake the Queensland Biotechnology Industry Survey 2007, involving data collection from 77 organisations and substantial analyses of primary and secondary data.
- Policy development for stimulating or supporting industry growth - we were awarded the tender to develop and assist in implementing the Queensland Biotechnology Commercialisation Pipeline in 2006
- Industry stakeholder consultation to inform policy - we have conducted over a dozen significant industry surveys in the last 3 years and worked with Government Departments to determine the relevance of the findings for science and innovation policy.